Friday, January 04, 2008

A new post for 2008. Hellooo gorgeous.

Hi! When I said I'd be back soon, I didn't mean “soon” in Biblical time. Sorry. 2007 had been a difficult year, and it's completely okay to see it go. Nowadays, I'm putting together a portfolio to use to apply to several art colleges. Of course you'll see it when it is finished.
What I've got here are my (failed?) entries for a contest that the Shojo manga magazine Shojo Beat announced a while back. Shojo Beat created a mascot in a little redhead cutie christened “The Beat Girl”, featured in the pages of various columns. In different issues of the magazine The Beat Girl has been drawn and interpreted by artists like Jen Wang and Vera Brosgol . The contest was to draw your own interpretation of the Beat Girl, and the winning entry would be featured in a future issue of the magazine. Well, I drew several entries. At the time I didn't have the time or money to color them properly. They're not colored properly now, but they're much better. I didn't win, nor expect to, but I had fun. The winner, Jee-Yoon Na has featured her winning entry in here deviantART page here: http://naru.deviantart.com/ . She did an excellent job of drawing a cute and fashionable girl, and made good use of Photoshop. Something, alas, I know not how to use at all. Shocking nowadays, isn't it? ;-)












The face is all odd and poorly constructed on “lollipop” girl, but the pose, clothes, and expression was so cute and imp-like, I didn't have the heart to erase her. Maybe I'll redraw her.
In retrospect I find my entries pretty bland, but I didn't want to get too weird.

Anyway, it is truly good to be back. To you poor souls who may have drifted out to Internet sea and found this remote and lonely outpost, WELCOME!! :-)



Love,
Adrienne

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Midodok said...

Great little panda in that last picture! I like the way it looks slightly happy and slightly uncomfortable.

Monday, January 7, 2008 at 7:08:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jamal O said...

Cool blog,

Nice to see your drawings and your enthusiasm for the craft of animation.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 9:50:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home